2012 Bike Around the Bay - Registrations REMINDER
Bike Around the Bay: October 13-14, 2012
Bike Around the Bay is a fully supported two-day bicycle ride around Galveston Bay showcasing the natural beauty of Galveston Bay and benefiting the Galveston Bay Foundation. We have added mileage so the ride will be 170 miles this year and will truly be Bike AROUND the Bay!
The ride will start at Barbers Hill ISD in Mont Belvieu, Texas and will continue along a scenic route that includes many fascinating sights and highlights. Riders will spend the night in Galveston where they will enjoy an informal dinner with other cyclists and friends and family. Day 2 will bring the riders north along the west side of Galveston Bay where they will ultimately finish at Barbers Hill ISD in Mont Belvieu, Texas.
Registration is open!
Tour the scenic and picturesque countryside of the Texas upper coast roadways while visiting the bay area towns of Baytown, Anahuac, Galveston, Texas City, Bacliff, Kemah, Seabrook, and La Porte. Be part of the fascinating environment of the many bay coves and inlets while cycling with your friends and family on a 2-day tour of Texas'' coastal assets. The overnight stay in Galveston, Texas at Moody Gardens will be the high point of the day''s journey and promises to relax and to re-energize the rider for the Day 2 excursions. On Day 2, the riders leave the island to return to the main land via the Galveston Bay Causeway and will continue to explore the coastal region - cycling through Texas City, Kemah, Seabrook, and La Porte before concluding the ride at Royal Purple Raceway Park in Baytown, Texas.
- Ride around Anahuac National Wildlife Refuge before heading south to the Gulf at High Island, the highest point on Gulf Coast between the Yucatan Peninsula and Alabama.
- See bottle-nose dolphins while crossing from Bolivar Peninsula to Galveston on a ferry ride.
- Bike through the historic Galveston Strand area before spending the night at the Hilton Galveston Island.
- Cross the Galveston Causeway before heading east to Texas City where you will travel along Skyline Drive and Beach Drive that give views of the Texas City Dike and Galveston Bay.
- Head up the west side of Galveston Bay through the scenic and historic towns of Kemah and Seabrook.
- Cross the Fred Hartman Bridge before heading through Baytown and finishing at Royal Purple Raceway.
COST and REGISTRATION INFO
Early Registration: May 1 - July 2, 2012
$30 + $130 donations
Regular Registration: July 3 - September 28, 2012
$30 + $150 donations
Late Registration: September 29 - October 10, 2012 (cyclists who register during late registration are not guaranteed a shirt)
$30 + $170 donations
Registrations and associated pledge donations are non-refundable and non-transferable.
The minimum age for a rider riding his or her own bicycle is 12 years of age as of October 13, 2012.
Each rider of a tandem bicycle should register separately.
The cost of dinner for the registered cyclist at Moody Gardens is included in the registration fee. You may purchase extra dinner tickets for guests for $20.
- The overnight stay in Galveston, Texas at Moody Gardens Hotel will be the high point of the day''s journey and promises to relax and to re-energize the rider for the Day 2 excursions.
- Secure overnight bike storage will be available at the finish line for all participants.
- Personal vehicles left overnight at Barbers Hill ISD will be secure.
These Rooms tend to go fast, so if you want to participate, please REGISTER ASAP!
For RSVP and for more information, please go to the BCO Calendar page: 2012 Bike Around the Bay